Interesting/fun facts about filming The Avengers:
- Mark Ruffalo lost 21 pounds to play the Hulk
- Jeremy Renner tore a muscle from his back to his shoulder filming stunts for Hawkeye.
- To play archer expert Hawkeye, Jeremy Renner received training from Olympic archers on how to properly use a bow.
- Scarlett Johansson trained extensively in Wushu and weapons.
- The first Avengers comic was published in September 1963. The lineup consisted of Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and Wasp. Captain America joined the team in Issue #4, after being trapped in a block of ice.
- The Helicarrier Bridge set was built on a soundstage in Albuquerque. This iconic home base for the peacekeeping organization SHIELD resembles an aircraft carrier.
(Sources: AAP, AHLAN!)