10 Foods For Radiant Skin from self.com
1. Almonds Party all night and still look fresh and dewy the next morning. Almonds’ vitamin E brightens drab “hungover” skin by neutralizing free radicals, molecules that dull your look. Plus, almonds’ fatty acids make you gleam.
2. Apricots The fruit throws wrinkles into reverse. Our bodies convert apricots’ vitamin A to retinol, a compound that helps produce new cells. These cells have smoother-looking barriers, as if they were 20 years younger.
3. Brazil nuts Meet your new beach essential. The savory snack fights sunburn fallout with selenium, a mineral that makes skin cells more resistant to turning into “sunburn cells” that produce faulty DNA and can eventually lead to cancer.
4. Chickpeas To help diminish scratches, scars and dark marks, start snacking on hummus. Chickpeas’ protein delivers the amino acids essential for tissue growth and repair.
5. Crab A crab roll (whether in a hot dog bun or sushi) helps keep your face zit-free. When nasty stuff like oil and bacteria clogs pores, it leads to inflammation and acne. Enter crab’s zinc: It helps reduce inflammation to minimize the pimple-making damage.
6. Green tea Does your skin take its sweet time to spring back when you press it? Green tea’s antioxidants may restore bounce. Women who drank a green tea extract daily saw 4 percent more elasticity.
7. Oranges Dark under-eye circles can make you look like the Crypt Keeper—not cute. But the vitamin C in oranges banishes bags. It strengthens collagen, the skin’s supportive structure, to lift sunken areas that create shadows.
8. Salmon It’s packed with omega-3 fatty acids, a healthy fat that hydrates dry patches. Omega-3s may also help increase the production of collagen and elastin, two essentials for soft, no-flake skin.
9. Sunflower oil Even well-hydrated skin can look cracked without this oil’s linoleic acid, a fatty acid that helps create a soft outer layer of cells. Sauté or bake with it for a baby-smooth complexion.
10. Whole-wheat bread A rosy blush is pretty; blotchy red splotches, not so much. Niacin in whole grains reduces redness from acne, rosacea and more by inhibiting inflammatory agents.