KOSI KIA Giveaway special rules - July 23 - August 4
Entercom Denver, LLC
d/b/a KOSI 101.1
KOSI Kia Car Giveaway
Official Contest Rules
July 22 – August 4
These contest rules are specific to the above contest conducted by Entercom Denver, LLC d/b/a KOSI-FM, KOSI 101.1 (the “Station”). Except to the extent specifically set forth below with respect to this specific contest, the Station’s general contest rules apply to this contest as well. A copy of these specific contest rules and the Station’s general contest rules are available at the Station’s studio at 4700 S. Syracuse Street, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80237 during regular business hours and on the contest page on the Station’s website at www.kosi101.com. To the extent the general contest rules differ from these rules, these rules will govern and control with respect to this Contest.
How to Enter
1. No purchase necessary.
2. There are three ways to enter the KOSI Kia Car Giveaway (the “Contest”):
a. Listen to Win: Listen to the Station weekdays at approximately 7:20am, 8:20am, 1:20pm, and 4:20pm. (MT) beginning Monday July 23, 2012 through Friday, August 3, 2012, (the “Call-in Entry Period”) for the KOSI 101.1 Kia Car Giveaway Cue to Call (the “Sounder”). Immediately after the air staff has given the cue to call (and not in a promotional announcement for the Contest) caller one-hundred one (101) received on the Station’s contest line (303) 631-2101 will be qualified to participate in the Grand Prize Kia Giveaway Event, subject to confirmation of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (each a “On-Air Qualifier”). If the Station does not receive at least 101 calls when the cue is announced, there will be no On-Air Qualifier for that round. The contest will be played at least four times per contesting weekday (excluding holidays) during the Call-In Entry Period but Station may elect, from time to time, to add additional opportunities to be an On-Air Qualifier but in no event will there be more than 40 On-Air Qualifiers. Only the actual contestant who calls in for the Contest play can be the On-Air Qualifier if that contestant is the 101 caller after the cue to call is announced in its entirety. Contestants cannot transfer or assign their qualifying spots to other persons.
b. In-store Text Entry: From Monday, July 23, 2012 at 10:00am and ending on Thursday, August 2 at 8:00am (MT), enter by texting a specific keyword to the Station’s text shortcode at 36266. Text keyword can be obtained by visiting Ehrlich I25 Kia at 10168, I-25 Frontage Road, Longmont, CO 80504, Colorado during their regular business hours and locating the in-store signage containing the keyword. Text keyword will not be announced on-air. Entries via text are subject to standard charges per entrant’s rate plan. On August 2, 2012 Station will randomly select five (5) text entries from among all text entries with the correct keyword to be qualified to participate in the Grand Prize Event on August 4, 2012, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (each a “Text Qualifiers”). Station will contact Text Qualifiers by calling the telephone number associated with the Text entries selected. It is the sole responsibility of entrants to check voicemail messages for possible notification that he/she is a Text Qualifier. There will be up to, but no more than, five (5) Text Qualifiers will be selected from the text entry method.
c. On-Site Entry: Persons wishing to qualify at the Grand Prize Event may submit an entry blank with their first and last name and contact information at Ehrlich I25 Kia, 10168, I-25 Frontage Road, Longmont, CO 80504 between 8:30am and 10am on August 4, 2012. Entry forms are available only while supplies last. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries permitted. All entries must be handwritten and deposited into the official entry box no later than 10:00am on August 4, 2012 . On or about 10:00am, Station will randomly select Five (5) entries who will be qualified to participate in the Grand Prize Kia Car Giveaway Event, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules (each a “On-Site Qualifier”). Entrants must be present at time of the random drawing. If the selected qualifier is not present at the time of the random drawing for any reason by presenting himself/herself to a Station representative within 30 seconds of his/her name first being announced, another name will be selected and such entrant will be disqualified and their opportunity to participate in any portion of the Grand Prize Event shall be forfeited. Up to, but no more than, five (5) On-Site Qualifiers will be selected.
3. On-Site Qualifiers, Text Qualifiers and On-Air Qualifiers are collectively referred to as “Qualifiers.” There may be up to, but no more than, 50 Qualifiers in this contest.
How to Win
4. All Qualifiers, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules, will be invited to participate in The Grand Prize KOSI Kia Car Event (the “Grand Prize Event”). The Grand Prize Event will take place on August 4, 2012 at Ehrlich I25 Kia, 10168 I-25 Frontage Road, Longmont, Colorado 80504.
5. IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT, QUALIFIERS MUST ATTEND THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT IN PERSON AND CHECK-IN WITH STATION STAFF NO LATER THAN 10:00am (MT) (except for On-Site Qualifiers who must check-in by 10:25am). Qualifiers must check-in at KOSI Check-In Table (located at the front entrance of Ehrlich I25 Kia) and present a valid government-issued picture ID and will be required to sign a liability release agreement at check-in. If a Qualifier has not checked-in and produced and executed all required documentation at the KOSI Check-In Table by 10:00am (MT) (except for On-Site Qualifiers who must do so by 10:25am), such Qualifier will be disqualified and their opportunity to participate in any portion of the Grand Prize Event shall be forfeited. Qualifier spots are not transferable or assignable. Properly checked-in Qualifiers will be deemed “Finalists” in this contest.
6. Each Finalist will randomly draw a number and be given a wristband bearing that number, which will represent that Finalist’s official number. Numbers will range from 1 to 50 or, in the case the total number of Finalists is less than 50, only up to the number of total Finalists will be assigned. This official number serves to designate the order in which each Finalist will line-up to participate in the Grand Prize Event. Finalists will then, in ascending numerical order, draw a key out of the official container as their official number is called and then will immediately use this key to attempt to open the locked car door. The first Finalist whose key unlocks the car will be declared the Grand Prize Winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules, and the Contest will be immediately over. There will be only one (1) Grand Prize Winner on August 4, 2012. No other Finalists will be permitted to try a key after that point. It is a possibility that not all Finalists will be able to try their key. However, all non-winning Finalists may choose to remain at the Grand Prize Event in the event no key unlocks the door and a random drawing has to take place to select the Grand Prize Winner (see immediately following paragraph).
7. In the event no Finalist unlocks the door with their key, then the Station will conduct a random drawing among all Finalists to select one (1) Grand Prize Winner, subject to eligibility and compliance with these Contest rules. ANY FINALIST WHO HAS DEPARTED THE GRAND PRIZE EVENT WILL FORFEIT THEIR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DRAWING. All Finalists then present will be eligible to participate in the drawing.
8. Participants hereby agree to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by Station personnel at the Grand Prize Event and understand that any intentional failure to comply with these Contest rules or procedures or instructions given by Station staff will result in immediate disqualification. In no event will any “deal-making” between participants be permitted. Station reserves the right to disqualify any person that it suspects has participated in or offered or accepted any type of “deal-making” with respect to this Contest.
9. The verified Grand Prize Winner will win a 2013 Kia Soul, Stock Number 10984, MSRP $17,140, VIN #kndjt2a59d7749202 with an odometer reading of approximately 750 miles, automatic transmission, shadow black. Erhlich I25 Kia will remove any wrapping at the winner’s request.
10. State sales tax must be paid by the Grand Prize Winner in accordance with state law, based on the estimated retail value of the Grand Prize, as awarded. SALES TAX AND OTHER GOVERNMENTAL FEES AND CHARGES MUST BE PAID BY THE WINNER TO THE APPROPRIATE AUTO DEALER(S) PRIOR TO BEING ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ANY PRIZE IN THIS CONTEST. Failure to do so within 30 days of the date that the Winner is advised that the vehicle(s) is ready for pick-up may result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize, in Station’s sole and unappealable decision. In Colorado, the actual sales tax rate is dependent on the home address of the taxpayer. The required sales tax may be as much as $1500. These tax values are estimates only. Sales tax values are subject to change depending on the actual Grand Prize the verified winner opts to receive, and Station does not guarantee that tax information contained in these Contest rules will accurately reflect the actual tax due from Winner upon receipt of Grand Prize. Contest participants are advised to contact their State Department of Revenue for actual sales tax rates and information. Sales tax must be paid by the Winner before any Grand Prize will be awarded.
11. Grand Prize Winner shall be solely responsible for obtaining and payment of any federal or state required registration, inspection, insurance coverage, and taxes for the Grand Prize. Additional information regarding the warranty, pick-up/delivery, and additional information will available upon completion of required dealer paperwork and payment of taxes and licensing fees. Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete all relevant transfer documents for the Grand Prize at Ehrlich I25 Kia during regular business hours. Neither Station or Ehrlich I25 Kia has made or is responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to such vehicle, including without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply to the vehicle.
12. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received. Odds of becoming a Qualifier through an on-air call-in depend, in part, on the number of callers at the time the calls are solicited and the order in which the calls are answered. Odds of becoming a Qualifier through Texting depend, in part, on the number of text entries received with the correct keyword. Odds of becoming a Qualifier through on-site entry at the grand prize event depends upon the number of entries received. Odds of a Qualifier winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible Qualifiers who attend the Grand Prize Event who are timely checked-in but shall in no event exceed 1:50.
13. The sponsors of this contest are: Entercom Denver, LLC and Ehrlich I25 Kia.
14. In order to be eligible as a Qualifier, all entrants must be 21 years of age or older by Monday, July 23, 2012.
15. In the event that the Grand Prize Event needs to be rescheduled for any reason, such postponement will be announced on air and on the Station’s website. It is the sole responsibility of each Qualifier to check the website and/or listen on-air for cancellation and/or rescheduling information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Station may (but is not obligated to) send a written, email or telephonic notice to Qualifiers regarding any necessary rescheduling of the Grand Prize Event with the rescheduled date/time but in no event will Station or Sponsors have any liability or responsibility for any Qualifier’s failure to receive the message for any reason or any Qualifier’s inability to attend the event on the rescheduled date (and no alternative opportunities will be offered).