Total Recipe Time: 20 to 25 minutes - Makes 4 servings
- 12 ounces ground beef (96% lean)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend or shredded cheddar cheese.
- 4 medium spinach or plain flour tortillas (10-inch diameter), warmed
- Lime-cilantro cream (optional): 1/2 cup reduced-fat dairy sour cream, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro.
1. Combine Lime-Cilantro Cream ingredients in small bowl if desired. Set aside.
2. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add ground beef with bell pepper, onion, chili powder and cumin; cook 8 - 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove beef mixture from skillet; keep warm.
3. Combine eggs, water and 1 tablespoon of cilantro in medium bowl. Spray sam skillet with cooking spray. Pour into skillet; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until scrambled, stirring occasionally. Season with salt, if desired. Stir in beef mixture and cheese; cook 1 minute or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
4. Spoon beef mixture evenly in a row across center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border on right and left sides. Fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Fold bottom edge up over filling and roll up; cut diagonally in half. Serve with Lime-Cilantro Cream and salsa as desired.